Focussed on stretching and strengthening the whole body
Fitness Pilates is a group exercise class using the original teachings, principles and exercises of Joseph Pilates, delivered in a modern and functional group exercise session.
Fitness Pilates addresses basic postural imbalances, improves back and core strength and enhances mobility and flexibility in a non-intimidating, fun and enjoyable class set to music.
It is an all-inclusive programme designed to strengthen weaker areas of the body and is suitable for all levels of fitness and the general healthy adult.
Fitness Pilates is not a rehab class and is unsuitable for individuals with diagnosed muscular-skeletal issues that require one to one clinical application.
Fitness Pilates is an effective exercise regime that focuses on stretching and strengthening the whole body to improve balance, muscle strength, back health, flexibility and posture.
In class we will concentrate on the awareness of the spine, proper regulated breathing, core strength, and flexibility, which will result in a more balanced body with increased strength and suppleness, and a stronger core and back.
Pilates is suitable for all ages and fitness levels, ladies and gents.
Please bring your own mat, and a drink of water.
- Educate participants in Pilates techniques with a modern and contemporary style
- Increase muscular balance and strength
- Improve client's posture and body awareness
- Improve core strength
- Improve balance
- Relieve stress and tension and improve mental cognition
- Help clients to function occupationally and recreationally to their optimum
- Improve back health, thereby reducing future back injuries